Thursday, October 25, 2007

Running......

okay, thanks to the inspiration of Shannon I want to run a marathon!!! I have always enjoyed running, but it is hard to stay motivated without a goal. Let me just tell you how exciting and scary this entire concept is to me. My first milestone will be the P.F. Chang's 1/2 Marathon in January..... and thank God Shannon is willng to come run it with me. Let me just tell you , she is the best and even created my training program. ( I couldn't do this without you )
So last night was day 2 of training and it was a lot easier then I thought it was going to be. make sure you note the "easier" part.... it is not Easy yet by any means...... and I am only at 2 miles! It is amazing to me the things that I think about while I run. Day 1 for instance... at the end of mile 1, I wanted to quit! As I ran the 2nd mile I realized that I alaways have people with me and when I want to give up, I use them to move on. I am not just talking about running... anything! I want to make sure that "they" don't see me fail or look down on me. So last night as I ran... I started off excited. Excited for myself and to show everyone that I can do this. As I kept running I went through so many other emotions! I felt hopless, weak, needy, jealousy..... I didn't want to do this alone. I couldn't do it alone, without someone running with me. And If I felt like that now how would I be able to do 7, 10 or 12 miles? But then my mind would settle and I felt like I could do it. And that I was doing this for myself! Not to prove anything to anyone... just to me! I began to feel strong, confident, ALIVE! I felt better about myself then I have in a long time. It was all about me...... I didn't have to worry about what others thought! That is so freeing! For the first time in many many years.... I didn't feel lost with myself. I felt good about myself. Ans if this is what I went through on day 2....... I can't wait for the rest of this journey. I know it is going to make me a better person. A STRONGER women. A better wife, mother, doughter, sister and friend!
Thank you Shannon for this!

2 comments:

S.Miles said...

WOW! You give me waaaaaay to much credit. This is your decision to be a "runner" not mine. You should be proud of yourself for setting this as your goal. Things are going to be hard (very hard!) and they are going to suck (a lot) but thats okay. The fact that you keep getting out there regardless of how tired/full/busy you are- thats what makes you a runner. I am excited to run in January with you. You'll see how awesome being a part of something really is. There isnt anything else like it. People who choose to compete while running are a different breed thats for sure. We will be awesome! Don't deviate from the schedule either. Tell Kasey to kick your butt when you dont want to go. Maybe put a dollar in a jar for every mile you go and then we can go shopping after the half. Ooooo thats gonna be fun! Enjoy your runs. It's YOU time!!

S.Miles said...

so why did we go private all of a sudden?