Tuesday, August 18, 2009

thoughts

Sometimes it is so hard for me to have patience and trust in what God is doing in my life. I am a fixer!!!! I like things to be logical. Every day Kaydon is in school I am so stressed about how he is behaving, what the others think of him or how he is doing academically. I know I can't control it, I just wish I knew how to fix it. The process of finding a diagnosis is long and in depth, which is good. But even with that, I don't want to change who he is. I want to CELEBRATE HIS TALENTS TO DISCOVER HIS BEST SELF!
I have been praying for patience, a calm nature and to be guided to the right Dr's to get him the help that he, and I , need. On Monday we had a training at work by an independent behavior coach. He re energized me... gave me a little hope that Kaydon can get the help he needs to be successful. He talked a lot about "fitting in a box" and there are kids that just don't. That doesn't mean that there is something wrong with them at all. You just have to focus on their talents and celebrate those. Once you do that.... the "bad" gets more manageable.
So as I worry while he is at school, and dread pick up time when I hear what happened that day... I am praying and remembering. God has Kaydon's best interest at hand. I have trust that he is giving us the tools we need..... even when it doesn't seem like it. His behavior and actions at school are not a reflection of who he is... but reactions to what he is feeling inside. My mission is to help him, understand him and reach him.

0 comments: