Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My little Pirate

So it seems like yesterday that Kaydon was born. I can't believe that he is already 5! I am so amazed by him every day! He has such an imagination and a gentle spirit. He plays dress up every day and still has imaginary friends ( yes .. not just one but the whole Little Einstein gang) He plans on being a childrens book writer when he grows up and still plans on marring his Mom.
It is hard for me to fathem that is biological father just walked away and washed his hands of him. I regret DAILY that I gave Kaydon his last name and am saving pennies so that I can afford to get it changed to mine. Why should Kaydon have to learn, and live with, a name from a man who is not even around to be Dad? Kaydon has no idea who he is, why would he! When he is old enough he will know who is S.D. (sperm donor) is, but I have no doubt that he will always feel that Kasey is his DAD! He has earned it... he is there for him morning and night with a love that is as strong as he has for his biological kids. Kaydon is a lucky lucky boy!

2 comments:

S.Miles said...

"dad" is a title that is earned not just a right a man has because he has a child. Kaydon will know the truth one day without you ever telling him a single word. Just be glad you got rid of him when you did. you could be living in the Valley driving a low rider and taking your kid to day care so you can work 12 hour days. *sigh* Good decision on getting rid of him!

jenclement7 said...

Wow, Kaydon is a 5 year old! I remember when you turned 5, and said,"now do I have a 5 head?", so cute and innocent! I hope you guys had fun celebrating his 5th birthday. I love you guys and miss you.
xoxojen