Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Today I am Thankful for: My Dr

So for over the past 3 years I have felt terrible!!! I have been through a dozen tests, 2 operations and still no light at the end of the tunnel. It was at the point that my Dr. felt I needed to get a full hysterectomy. I continue to get cysts, I have endometriosis.. and killer cramps for most of the month. I couldn't sit long, sleep... I just was miserable!
Well in August My Dr. wanted to test my bladder to see if that was the root of the problems. He had been doing some research and the symptoms are very similar to what I have been experiencing. At first I thought he was nuts... I didn't have any pain when I had to go to the bathroom. But if this meant that I did not have to get things removed and Kasey and I WOULD be able to have a child of our own.. I was ALL for doing the test. Within minutes, it was confirmed... I have INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS! Basically it means I don't have a lining in my bladder and the nerves are being exposed by the acid that goes through the bladder. It is something that I have to live with and have to radically change my diet for. Hopefully after about 6 months of medication 3 times a day I can control it just by my diet. Anything that will make me feel.. Alive again!
It has been 2 full months on the diet and with the medication and diet I can not believe how good I feel!!!! I try very had to stick t the foods that are allowed and have noticed that there are certain foods that defiantly trigger the pain! However I am finding there are a couple that I can add in.. occasionally! It is awesome and so worth it!

0 comments: