Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Power of Moms

Okay so for 2 years I loved my Live Laugh Love club and have truly missed meeting with the girls every month this past year. So when my cousin Kymberly came to me with The Power of Moms club.. I was in!!! So we had our first meeting in March and it was wonderful. Great conversation... inspiration.. uplifting.. just great. Well we were sent home with homework.

  1. Come up with 1 thing you will not do for a month

This was easy! I knew right away what I would do and not do. What would you have choose? My Not is I am not going to be Negative. Now I am not a negative person, however I have started to fall into a negative mindset. It could be about people's intentions or a "what else could go wrong mentality". I wanted to get rid of that thinking. Be positive! Not just most of the time.. but all the time. Especially when times get hard or feelings get hurt or life throws a curve ball. Because the idea that we still haven't been able to have a baby has really weighed heavy on my heart and my mind. So this simple task was to help.. just don't be negative! I started off great.. with such optimism. When Kaydon broke his arm.. I thought at least it was his left and no bones were sticking out. But I must confess I have caught my mind going to that complaining/ negative mind set. This is harder then I thought.. but overall I am doing great. I know that God is in control.. that we will have a baby and that there is always a brighter side to look at. Forgiveness is hard but freeing and life is to short to look at the downside. So keep wishing me luck .. this one is sticking out longer then a month :)

2. Something you are going to do for yourself

This one was a little trickier for me. My first thought was to start running again- which I already started; then it was to blog; then to read more. But nothing felt right. Those were things I wanted to do and things that I don't catch myself putting off because I feel guilty.. it is more out of bad habit. So I decided that I wanted to get back into crafting.. I LOVE IT! I feel so creative and happy when I do.. and I catch myself putting it off because I feel like there is cleaning or laundry or something else I should be doing instead of a " hobby". This is perfect.. Hobbies are good- good for your soul. So far I have been very type A and have tried to figure out where I can get things out so it isn't a project to just begin ( i need a workspace that I can leave stuff out ) I have some great ideas to start and will post as I get them done... I just need to find my space around the house.

I really am excited to do both of these things and be back in "my club" I will keep you all posted on how I am doing!

0 comments: