Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring "break" literally!!!!!

March 15th ( Mitch's Birthday) and the 1st day of Spring Break... YEAH!!!! I love this time of year.. I love having time to hang with the kids and relax.. take some time off the busy schedule.We were having a great day, the weather was perfect and we had all the kids! I decided to walk the kids down to the park and Kaydon was determined to be able to do the monkey bars just like Blake. So up he went and one hand after another he got it! He was on cloud nine and continued to do it over and over.. he reached his goal :) I think he was a little too confident and the next thing I know on the 16th time across he swung is legs to help with the momentum and the next thing I know his feet are as high as his head and he is falling straight down and lands on his arm/back. ' I BROKE MY ARM" is all I could make out in the crying. I got him home and he calmed down.. I took a look and he could move his hand so I figured the best thing would be to ice and elevate it and keep an eye on it. He seemed to favor it but it didn't slow him down from running and playing. So off to bed we went. The next morning he woke me up because he couldn't use his arm to pull his pants down to go to the bathroom... I took 1 look at his arm and knew we had to go. It began to swell, it hurt to rest it down and was starting to bruise. Urgent care he we come...... ( Thank you mom for watching the kids while we went)


AS soon as we walked in the DR. said.. " yep it is broken.... lets do some x-rays to figure out what we have". Let me just take a minute to say that he didn't complain once about pain or anything... his only concern.. is that he can get a RED cast!!! He broke his Iris in his left arm and a hairline fracture in the other bone. Now to get find an orthopedic to cast it and look at it before we head to Vegas on Thursday! What a way to start Spring break..




After Many phone calls I got Kaydon in Wednesday afternoon. He said that there doesn't appear to be any damage to the tendinitis so he didn't need a full arm cast! 4 weeks in his red cast and then we will see if he needs a splint when they take it off! Luckily it is his Left arm!

This wasn't our first broken bone in the family.. Carlie broke her arm in the Fall while riding her bike. Good times..I didn't expect these two to be the first to break bones. Kids - you just never know!

0 comments: