Friday, May 2, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Our Family Room
BEFORE....



AFTER....

Oh where do I even begin! We have been in our house for about two weeks after over a MONTH of hard work. This is one of the first rooms that is "ALMOST" finished. I am so excited about the way it is all coming together. We painted and put in wood floors(which I love more then anything) and french doors which you can't see in the pic. This is where we are able to play games and talk and it is turning out exactly the way I want it to. It is bright, cheerful and full of life... just like us. I can tell you all a thousand different things I want to do to add just to this room alone, but I am defiantly having to have patience! This is not a strong quality of mine by a long shot.. but I think that God is really testing me in this area!

Let me just tell you how disgusting his house was when we first walked through with our keys! We new it needed work... but it was beyond what we thought. We are slowly making it our home (and I am amazed by how fast it is feeling that way) and can't wait to ONE DAY be done. We still have a long road ahead of us - you should see the yards- but know that it will all get done.

I am so grateful to walk into our house.. our "first" house together and know that we are just beginning to write our story here. I can't wait to see all that God has in store for us. Our house is open to all our friends and hope you can some see the rest of what we have done. I will tell you we have 12 colors in our home, a sand room, a metallic room, pirates, beaches and cars! It is a lot.... but it is SOOOOO us! The Richardson's our home and we can't wait to start entertaining! Just remember... it is still a work in process!

1 comments:

The Kempiak Party of Five said...

Your home is beautiful. What a great decorating touch you have. I can't wait for you to show off more photos.